I think I will try to make this for Easter:
Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh or defrosted cranberries
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of honey plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (I used half & half yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt (in the cake batter)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of almond flour
- Preheat oven to 310 degrees F.
- Place the cranberries, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of honey in a large frying pan and cook about 5 minutes, until the cranberries just slightly tender.
- In a bowl, blend yogurt, eggs, 1/2 cup of honey, and vanilla together. Next, add 3 tablespoons of melted butter and blend well.
- Add all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and pinch of salt) to the wet mixture, and blend well.
- Separate the cranberries from the juice that formed when cooking. In a buttered baking pan (I used an 8 inch spring-form pan) or spring-form pan (I also add a circle cut-out of parchment paper to the bottom of my pan) place the cranberries on the bottom. Lay them out fairly evenly.
- Next, pour the batter over the cranberries until covered. Even out the batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the center is not wiggly. The top will be starting to brown and a toothpick will come out clean. Cool completely and turn over on to a plate.