July 10, 2010

African Curry....kind of

Auny Pole just dropped off the beautiful pictures she took of the boys and mentioned that I haven't added a recipe in a while and I just made this the other night and then again today for lunch. Basically it was one of those nights where my fridge was bare and I had no idea what I was going to make so I thawed 1lb of burger. Then went out to the garden and picked a few yellow wax beans, a few green beans, and an onion. I had garlic and some carrots. Then to spice it, I took out my coriander, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg....this is what it turned into:

Brown hamburger with onion and garlic. Add chopped beans and carrots and saute until tender but still a bit crunchy. Add spices (as little or as much of each as you like, I went heavier on the coriander and lighter on the pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir it all together and let cook for a minute or two to get the spices infused.

To top it off I added chopped celery, currants, dried blueberries, dates, and sliced almonds. It turned out really good, a little sweet, a little spicy, and a little crunch all in one bite :)
This was fashioned from the recipe I have from Jen and Perry Numedahl and their African Curry.

No comments: