September 23, 2010

Thanks you Weelicious!

I don't think I have mentioned Weelicious on my blog yet? It is one of my favorite websites to find quick, easy, and healthy meals and snacks for the entire family.
This morning I made the Berry Delicious Oatmeal, which is always a hit with the entire family. This afternoon I will be trying out the recipe for today, Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies look so easy and so healthy to make. Weelicious is also on facebook and has this awesome program where she takes a picture of her son's packed school lunch daily, awesome ideas for healthy easy school lunches!

I had fresh raspberries from Aunt Lori for todays oatmeal and used Almond Milk, and then I added a few frozen blueberries to the boys' bowls to help cool it down. I also double this recipe and it is very tasty reheated!

Berry Delicious Oatmeal (Serves 2)
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Milk (almond, rice, soy or cow’s milk)
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats (Five Minute Oats)
1 Tbsp Honey, Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
1/2 Cup Blueberries, Blackberries and/or Raspberries (fresh or frozen)

1. Bring the water and milk to a boil.
2. Add the oats, reduce to a simmer over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until thick and creamy.
3. Add the honey, maple syrup or agave and berries, cook an additional minute or until the berries are warmed-through and start to pop (I like to add frozen berries so the oatmeal cools faster for kids to eat).
4. Serve.
*If serving to a baby under 1 years old, don’t use honey

No comments: