Here is my burrito from last night with a protein packed pancake
I guess if I would put a recipe together it would go something like this:
To make 4 medium/large or 6 small Breakfast Burritos
- I package of soyrizo, browned (I do this in a nonstick skillet on medium to medium high heat and just keep breaking the "mush" up until it is no longer "mush" and forms into little pieces)
- 3 eggs plus 3 egg whites, scrambled (can add milk if you want them fluffy)
- 4-6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled into small pieces
- shredded cheese of your choice
- any other sautéed vegetables you might want
- salsa and/or sour cream to top with
- 4 or 6 flour tortillas (I hate corn tortillas, but want to find some good gluten free ones for the next time we make these)
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds, just so they are warm enough that they fold without tearing.
- Scoop your fillings onto the tortilla and roll up.
- If you have a panini grill, grill until browned (about 5 minutes). If you don't, place in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds to get it nice and hot (and melt the cheese if you used it).
- Mouth watering, time to eat!!