Vegetables, garlic, herbs and spices, and tofu (quinoa and pasta is already on the stove)
Just before adding the tofu in and eating
This is not hard to make, just takes a bit of prep work and then goes together fast (I think from start to eating it was about 40 minutes).
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 lb extra firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tb soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces (I omitted)
- 2-3 Tb. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tb minced fresh ginger (I buy this in a tube for when I don't have it fresh)
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives (I omitted)
- 1 medium carrot (I did 2)
- 2 stalks celery (I used asparagus instead)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaf
- 1 tsp dried basil leaf
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp powdered fennel (omitted)
- Prepare quinoa as directed, and set aside (about 15-20 minutes to cook)
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes, place in a bowl, sprinkle with garlic salt and soy sauce and stir to coat with marinade. Set aside
- Mince ginger and garlic. Prepare vegetables; chop asparagus (or celery) into small pieces, peel and chop carrots into 1/2" dice, wash trim and chop zucchini into 1" dice (coarsely chop olives and set aside if using)
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan on medium heat, stir fry ginger, garlic, asparagus (or celery), and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and stir fry another 5 minutes.
- Stir in dry spices, herbs
- Meanwhile, fry the tofu cubes on medium, stirring and turning, until browned.
- Stir tofu and quinoa into the vegetable mix (and olives if wanted). I also added gluten free penne pasta to this dish. If adding pasta, prepare while you prepare the quinoa and set aside, adding it in right at the end.