June 20, 2011

~More Sewing~

Just wanted to show off two things I recently sewed. First is a sleep sac that I made using the pattern out of my handmade beginnings book by Anna Maria Horner (great book!). The back of this sleep sac was my inspiration fabric, I just love this fabric and had it already in my stash. Last week I pulled this fabric out and was trying to decide what it should become, flipped through my handmade beginnings book and got my heart set on the quilted sleep sac. Next I dug out scraps of fabric that would coordinate with my main fabric to make the quilted front piece. I decided to do 3"x3" squares for the patchwork, but you could do any kind of patchwork that you wanted or even use an old quilt top. The inside is a pale purple flannel fabric that I also already had in my stash....I did not have to buy anything (at least nothing that I didn't already have!) to make this project. The sewing went really fast on this, and then the binding around the edge took a little time, but after that it was just the velcro and sewing up the bottom and it was done in a couple of days. I will be making a few more of these, sleep sacs are just the best at night!
Remember the pants that I had made Trevor a while back?
They no longer fit Trevor, and Ethan had been insisting on wearing them so I sewed up the length and then added a new waist band to them to help them stay up on his little waist. He loves them! So much so, that I quick made up another pair for him this morning and I love that making these pants is less than an hour from start to finish. He has been wearing them since I finished them this morning.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I will try to take pictures and do a tutorial for these super easy flannel pants, until then you can follow this one I did for up-cycled pants (just use fabric, flannel in this case, instead of pants)
Linked up at:


Somewhat Simple

No comments: