January 20, 2011

~Something New~

With everything that has been going on with me emotionally/physically the last six months or so, I really needed something to "pick me up". I use to be one of those women that always had a new cut or a new color every six months or so, then I had kids and it didn't seem important to me. My hair has now been pretty much the same (besides a bit lighter 2 years ago) for three plus years. It was time for a change. For some weird reason, changing my hair always makes me feel better. Last year I was at a plateau for weight loss, so I cut some major bangs. Guess what? I then went on to loose almost 15 pounds, and for the most part have kept it off. Out with the old/bad in with the new/good....me! I did a major cut and lost about 12-14 inches of hair and put in lots of blond highlights in my quest to get back to blond (it will take a few more sessions until I really start looking blond again). I did this on Tuesday night, and so far still LOVE it! Tuesday was the first day in quite a while that I did not shed any tears, and I think the new hair had a lot to do with it. I really felt great getting rid of all that hair, and in a way the past misfortunes. It literally felt like a weight being lifted off my shoulders, like hey, I can be happy. I give all the credit to Adriann at the Eclipse Salon and Spa. She spent three hours making it perfect and did a terrific job! AND it looks cute air dried and wavy, too...meaning I can just wash and go and still have a style!

Something else new...a necklace. I got it in the mail the other day and just LOVE it. I picked what I wanted as far as charms and such, and then Ashley over at Bella Vita Fashions designed and made it for me, go check her out and tell her I sent you! So, my necklace is made up of a circle that says imagine on it, then at the top there is a flower charm with a blue crystal (this represents me), and then hanging from the bottom I have three different charms, a heart (that represents my beautiful boys), a dove (that represents my beautiful angels), and the word HOPE (for the future). I cant say enough about how awesome it is in person, pictures just don't do it justice. The quality is excellent. These necklaces run $13 and that includes shipping!! Talk about a steal! She also makes some of the cutest hair bows and earrings. Thank you so much Bella Vita Fashions for my truly amazing necklace!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicolle-
Not sure if you know/remember me, Kristin (Hackman) Einck, went to SW. But I came across your blog through Bre's. I just wanted to reach out and let you know you have been in my prayers. Sending lots of strength and comfort your way. You have a beautiful family and are incredibly creative/talented! And your hair is adorable! I hope you feel refreshed and don't forget to take time for yourself...you DESERVE it!!!! -Kristin

Nicholle said...

Thank you so much, Kristin. Your prayers and kind words really mean so much to me! Thank you!