January 27, 2011

~Surgery~

I don't think I ever blogged about the not so great teeth Trevor has. I could tell that they were bad, but I didn't not realize the extent of "bad" until we had to pay over two grand (after insurance) to get his teeth back from horrible to good. His front four top teeth are just getting smaller and smaller, and then he has 4 or 5 other cavities.....Well, now only 3 or 4. This is an entire blog post that I didn't do, but two weeks ago one of those cavities won the battle, and one of his molars became very infected. He was in so much pain and his cheek was so swollen and HUGE! We made an emergency trip up to Onalaska to our amazing dentist, Dr. Flood, to have that tooth pulled out.

Why not just pull them all out, they will fall out anyway? True, but then he would only have half a mouth full of teeth, not to mention the front four teeth would be gone. Without those four front teeth, he would more than likely have speech issues and have to have speech therapy. So, we coughed up the money (and are brushing our teeth like crazy!) and are having them capped. Why does he have to go under? Well, he just turned three and in order to have so many teeth capped or filled it would mean a lot of trips to the dentist (which is over an hour away). More than likely, they would be unpleasant in his mind and he would never want to go to the dentist again. I should point out that on his chart they dentist did right down how well behaved and easy he was, and repeatedly saying he is the best two year old he has had (he was two when he first went and this all started...yes, it has taken 6 months to finally get the appointment set up!).

We will have to leave our house tomorrow morning by 4:30am to get to the hospital on time. I am a ball of nerves (not to mention, I can literally cry at the drop of a hat), but no I have to keep it together for my brave little trooper, Trevs. Man I love that boy, he has been through a lot of "boo boos" his three years. He seems to be the one that if something "bad" is going to happen, it is going to happen to him.

2 comments:

AUNY said...

ohhh, poor little guy! sending him a big hug and prayers for a speedy "recovery"....

Natasha said...

Good luck today Trev! I'll be thinkin of you guys!