August 12, 2009

The Power of the Sun

I started cloth diapering in the toddler stage, so I was not familiar with exclusively breast fed poo and how easy it is to clean and how easy it is to cloth diaper a baby that is exclusively breast fed. I was familiar with how easily it stained! I had heard about sunning in the ever so addicting Diaper Swappers forums, so I tried it on my toddlers diapers to find it didn't really get the stains out. I thought I must not be doing this right and there certainly must be some type of trick to this sunning thing.

Then Ethan came and so did those big yellow, breast fed poop stains. I tried the sunning thing again, and this time was amazed at what the sun could do! Now when I notice a stain in my clean diapers that are out of the dryer I just lay them out in the sun and they vanish! Just to give you all a visual of this miracle check out these two pictures taken only about an hour apart (and yes this is the same diaper insert):

2 comments:

kdactyl said...

I think you need to post the photo of all the diapers layed out across your banister...too freaking cute!

Nicholle said...

I will take a picture next time I wash and hang them on the line...I just had them all out on the line today. So, probably will get them washed up Sunday morning. I am glad I am not the only one that thinks diapers hanging out to dry is cute!