- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (we always use natural, and the real natural stuff that doesn't add things like sugar, it is just ground up peanuts to form a paste, also use any nut or seed butter that you want)
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tb sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk (low fat or whole, I almost used almond milk but then used regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the peanut butter, egg and sugar until combined, then whisk in the milk until incorporated. (oops, I just put the all in a bowl and mixed)
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until combined (don't over beat, or you will have tough cupcakes).
- Grease or line mini mufin tins and fill 2/3 of the way up this batter (I used a regular sized muffin tin and a 1/4 cup measuring spoon and it made 12 cupcakes, plus I had enough batter to make 6 mini cupcakes, if making all mini it should make 20-24)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Spread the top with frosting (recipe below) and enjoy!
Jelly Frosting (makes about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Whipped or regular cream cheese (I used regular and softened it in the microwave)
- 1/4 cup Jelly, Jam or preserves (I used red raspberry spreadable fruit, smuckers simply fruit brand)
- Place both ingredients in a bowl and whisk until througly combined, and smooth like frosting.
- Spread on cupcakes.
*I doubled this recipe because this spread is so good on lots of things (like tortillas, dip for apples, a new way to make a pb&j, etc)
HUGE hit over at the our house. Try them, I dare your kids not to like them!