November 13, 2010

Mmm...Drool...Pudding Cake!

Okay, my sweet tooth has been crazy out of control lately and today was no exception! I made one of my all time favorite deserts, Pudding Cake (think lava cake, no pudding is used it just becomes the consistency of pudding on the bottom). So many of the recipes I share on here are ones that my mom made and I grew up eating. I love that I am able to give my kids a piece of my childhood by making all of my favorite dishes my mom made. There are so many reasons why this is my favorite desert to make and eat.
  1. Look at it, it is a sinful bowl of chocolate heaven!
  2. I mix it all up in the same dish that I bake it in, seriously, your kitchen doesn't even look like you made this amazing piece of chocolate heaven.
  3. Quick and easy, from start to eating about 40 minutes.
  4. Did I mention it is chocolate?!
Pudding Cake (from my mom)
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa, divided
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 Tb vegetable or canola oil
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (regular work fine, I usually use semi sweet)
  • 1 1/4 cup hot water
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In an 8 inch square pan mix the flour, sugar (granulated, not brown!), 1/4 cup of the cocoa, baking powder, and salt until well combined. 
  3. Stir in the milk and oil until well blended. 
  4. Sprinkle the brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup of cocoa, and chocolate chips over the batter.
  5. Slowly pour the hot water evenly over the top.
  6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until surface is dry. (it will be giggly, and the when you scoop into it it will be runny and pudding like on the bottom and cake like on the top)
Serve with ice cream or a big glass of milk and enjoy every sinful bite!

Linked up at:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend     wrap    up           party!


No comments: