November 6, 2010

Saturday Afternoon

Trevor: "I want to make something that goes in the oven"

Chocolate Chip Cookies coming right up, thanks to Trevor. Man does this boy love to cook/bake!
These are my all time favorite cookies, they have sour cream in them and are so light and fluffy (not lite, mind you!). I don't make them very often, because I literally want to eat every single one of them when I do make them. Ethan wanted to help, too. Where's Landon? He was in the basement watching cartoons, and then when the cookies were done Trevor took one to eat and then went back and grabbed another one. "I need to bring one down to Landon, " Trevor said.

Cookie Chefs & Taste Testers
 His eyes are camouflage, just like his shirt. (click on the picture for a closer look)
 Pressing the cookies down
 Cookies are in the oven, so I went down stairs to get a picture of Landon to add to this post and find him helping Ethan get undressed.
 And then he proceeds to get undressed, I don't know why I even bother with clothes.
 Then Ethan has to go pee, all of this is happening in the 14 minutes the cookies are baking in the oven.
 Look, I peed! (he didn't actually say that, but totally what he was thinking)
  Finally, 14 minutes are up and a yummy treat is ready to eat!
I got this recipe out of a Martha Stewart magazine a while ago, August 2007 to be exact. It immediately became my favorite of all time chocolate chip cookie and now the only one I ever make at my house. This recipe makes about 2 dozen small cookies.

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 7 Tb butter, at room temp
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temp
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 Tb sour cream
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup milk-chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree. 
  2. Whisk together flour, salt, and soda.
  3. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low.
  4. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream, and beat until just combined. 
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Cover and freeze for 10 minutes.
  6. Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto a baking sheets lined with parchment (I used a mat), spacing about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
  7. Bake until the centers are set and cookies are pale golden grown, 12 to 14 minutes.
Linked up at:

No comments: