November 4, 2010

Venison Stroganoff

Remember this recipe I promised? Here it is, sooooooo good!
Venison Stroganoff
  • 1 1/2 lb venison strips, seasoned with tenderizor
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all ingredients except sour cream in a 2 1/2 qt baking dish and bake for 2 to 2 1/5 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
  3. Right before serving, stir in the sour cream. We serve this over egg noodles or brown rice.
**I have made this gluten and lactose free, by replacing the flour with a rice blend all purpose flour and instead of the sour cream I added my homemade yogurt (made with 2% milk but lactose free, because I ferment it for over 24 hours which is SCD yogurt). I only used about 1/4 cup of yogurt. It was GREAT!

No comments: